Processing is a programming language, development environment, and online community. Since 2001, Processing has promoted software literacy within the visual arts and visual literacy within technology. Initially created to serve as a software sketchbook and to teach computer programming fundamentals within a visual context, Processing evolved into a development tool for professionals. Today, there are tens of thousands of students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists who use Processing for learning, prototyping, and production.
- » Free to download and open source
- » Interactive programs with 2D, 3D or PDF output
- » OpenGL integration for accelerated 3D
- » For GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows
- » Over 100 libraries extend the core software
- » Well documented, with many books available